The 2018 Frostbite Series
Would you bicycle in cold weather -not just once- (and not just twice or thrice) for a custom t-shirt? Well then, you're our kind of zany. It'll take you 4 club rides of your choice on any 4 weekends in December to qualify for the prize.
Ride any 4 separate weekends in the month of December to complete the series (mix-and-match from either of the 2 options below):
Road Rides: There are road rides scheduled for every Saturday morning and every Sunday morning.
- Mountain Bike Rides: Mountain bike rides are scheduled for every weekend.
Riding twice in one weekend does not suffice for a missed weekend. You must ride on 4 separate weekends. See the Frostbite Series rules down below.
FROSTBITE RIDE RULES
- Complete 4 club rides on 4 separate weekends to get a Frostbite T-shirt.
- If New Jersey declares a state of emergency, the ride is automatically canceled.
- Cancellation: A ride leader can cancel a ride due to conditions the ride leader believes make it unsafe to ride (e.g. snow; heavy rain, dense fog, extreme wind, or extreme low temperatures), with notice given (via email) 90 minutes before the ride.
- Minimum duration: Road rides must be at least 10 miles long and mountain rides must go at least 1 hour.
- If Christmas falls on a weekend, a ride can be on another day around that weekend.
- If fewer than 4 rides take place in December due to canceled rides, the Frostbite Series will carry over to the first full weekend (1/5 & 1/6) in January. This ensures that riders have earned the Frostbite shirt vs. shown up to sign in.
- There are 5 scheduled Frostbite weekends in 2018: 12/1 & 12/2, 12/8 & 12/9, 12/15 & 12/16, 12/22 & 12/23, and 12/29 & 12/30.
All riders MUST sign-in in order to receive credit for a ride. The list of riders must then be emailed by end-of-day on the Tuesday following the ride.
Please PRINT your name clearly so that the ride leader can make sure the right person gets credit for riding.